Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Starting Fresh and Making Commitments

Sometimes life sweeps you away.  Have you ever felt like a leaf just being buffeted up and around in the wind?  That's what the last year or two have been like to me.

But I feel much more in control of my life now.  I feel stronger in many ways, and have a drive I've never experienced before.  So I'm running with it!

The jewelry side of my studio
My "new" studio is starting to feel like a good fit. I enjoy being there and working in it.  Slowly, but surely I'm getting it organized, and creating a work flow.  I'm producing new work, too.  I just need to get on a schedule that I can stay with.

I recently read another blogger's post about setting annual goals and reviewing them quarterly.  Well, I missed setting any goals at the beginning of the year, but I'm primed to set some now.

So, here they are:

  • A blog post Every Week 
  • Continue to build inventory: create a Body of Work
  • Promote more 
  • Get my Etsy sales up
  • Gain representation in 1-3 new galleries
  • Participate in a new show
  • Have some work published in a magazine
Grand goals, I know.  But they should be achievable if I keep on it.  I've just got to keep on schedule and keep my motivation up!

I'm always looking for ways to be more productive.  I'd love to hear feedback with anyone's suggestions, tips, tried-and-true ways they keep on top of their production and promotion game!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment