Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WLAST is coming! Save the Date!


What will you be doing this June 20th and 21st?

Artist Meeting held at Franklin Park Arts Center
Mark your calendar, and make a plan to come out and tour the studios of some very talented artists located in Western Loudoun County, Virginia!  I'm pleased to announce that I will once again be part of the Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour!

I recently attended the WLAST kick off, which is the annual Artists' Information Meeting.  There was a pretty good turn-out; lot's of long term participants, as well as a bunch of first-timers.  So many creative people in one place! Everyone was briefed on the details, and "Do's and Don'ts" of the tour.   As part of the planning committee, I was asked to stand up and cover some of the tour information. I'm pretty enthusiastic.  I LOVE being part of the event!  But, I think everyone is excited about this year's tour.

WLAST Facebook BannerThis year is very special as it's the 10th Annual year of the event!  I just realized it will be my seventh year participating on the tour - can you believe it?  I certainly can't.  It's always such a privilege to be included in this super venue.  Since this is a juried event, I always feel very blessed to be accepted to participate each year.

As always, this year we have many talented artists participating.  There will also be a wide range of different mediums to see. I only wish I had to opportunity to visit all the studios myself.  But I'd never want to give up being ON the tour.  It's just way too much fun!

One of my tables from a previous tour.
I will once again be a guest artist at one of the partner organizations; the Round Hill Art Center.  This year there will be six of us there.  My fellow artists will be Mary Kenesson (Fiber), Liz Cresap (Fused Glass), Steve Loya (Illustration/painting), Jeff Miller (Photography) and Penny Hauffe (Painting).

It's always a whirl-wind weekend!  Literally, thousands of people come through the studios.  At my stop, I always do some metalsmithing demonstrations, and make a point to meet and greet all of the great visitors.  Everyone loves the tour, because they get to see the artists at work, and chat with them about their medium and techniques.  And of course, there's also tons of beautiful art work for sale!

I hope you'll plan to come by and visit all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment