Monday, October 19, 2009

The Happy Birthday Money Clip

Being a jewelry artist is great when it comes time to give a girl friend a gift. Most of my friends are happy to get something I've made for them. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck when it comes to guy gifts. Most of my male friends wouldn't be too excited to receive jewelry.

A good friend of mine had a birthday coming up and I wanted to give him something he'd hopefully like and use. I came up with the idea of a money clip with an equestrian theme. Mike breeds and trains horses, so usually anything horse related is a hit.

I came up with this horse head design, and made it out of sterling silver sheet metal. It's all hand sawn and soldered. I was tickled to finally be able to use my new logo stamp on the back.

I gave the money clip to him this past weekend and I think he liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment