Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Heavy Copper Cuff on Etsy

Here is one of my latest postings to Etsy. This piece was started during the Western Loudoun Artists Studio Tour this past summer. I was set up at the Round Hill Arts Center since my studio isn't finished yet. I had a booth of my jewelry for sale and was doing metal smithing demonstrations.

This was a really nice HEAVY piece of copper that worked perfectly for doing demonstrations of annealing and shaping metal. I kept bending it, re-firing it and just playing with it. All of a sudden the design just sort of formed on it's own!



Heavy Copper Cuff Bracelet


This is one chunky cuff bracelet! It's made out of solid 6 gauge Copper wire giving this cuff some real heft! The copper was soldered together into a sinuous curved design. The bracelet was then patinated and sealed with an archival wax to protect the finish and retard oxidation.

The center focal curves are 2" at the widest point, and the arms of the cuff turn in opposite directions to easily slip on your wrist.

This bracelet is totally adjustable, fitting either a man or a woman. Give me your wrist measurement at purchase and I'll size it accordingly.


Check out my Esty shop for more photos of this and other jewelry items. I'm hoping to keep adding new pieces to my Etsy shop every couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment