Friday, October 16, 2009

RHAC: Intro to Wire Jewelry Classes

I'd been approached by the Round Hill Arts Center to possibly teach some classes through them. Cool! I jumped at the chance, since it sounds like a lot of fun!

Since The Round Hill Arts Center is still in transition (they are in the process of moving to a new, FANTASTIC location which is not completed as yet), they've had to rent spaces to hold their current class offerings.

I contacted some of the people on my mailing list and there seemed to be a lot of interest. The classes are to start next weekend. I know there have been some sign-ups, but I have no idea how many as yet. I'm not sure what minimums are needed to make it worth renting the facility. So we'll see how this shapes up. Also, I've been told that the economy seems to be hitting the local art centers in the shape of lower class sign-ups. I know another teacher's classes were cancelled due to low enrollment. *glup*

Here's the information on my classes from their web site:


Introduction to Wire Jewelry
with Meredith Hilt

Saturdays October
24, November 7, November 21
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.,
Purcellville Community Center
$75 each class
(plus materials fee)

Registration discount if taking more than one class


Learn the basic wire jewelry techniques needed to design and create your own beautiful sterling and copper jewelry. These classes are designed for the beginner, or for those who want a refresher, to learn the correct way to tackle the basics. We will spend some time becoming acquainted with jewelry tools and wire. Then move on to making jump rings and links, clasps, wire charms, and various types of chain. Finishing techniques will also be covered. While learning these skills, you'll create several elements in each class resulting in jewelry to proudly wear home or give as gifts. Once you learn these techniques you'll be able to be move on to designing and making your own bracelets, earrings and necklaces!

These individual classes are designed to be progressive. But you can take one or all to advance your skills. Click here to register

I'll fill you in on how the classes progress. I hope they come to pass! I've already stocked up on supplies for the class. I've ordered sterling and copper wire, various beads and have created tools kits. I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll save them for future classes or else use them myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment